Thursday, February 12, 2015

Provo MTC Week 2





January 31, 2015

Waz Up!!! Hey Everybody, I made it through week 1, only 103 more to go....lol. Anyway, this week has been pretty great!! We have been working with two practice investigators, except one really is an actual investigator. Me and my companion have taught the first on 4 times, and the second one twice. The first investigator came up to us yesterday and told us that he was acting like a friend of his, who he has been trying to introduce the gospel for years. About 2 months ago, this friend finally accepted the missionary lessons. Ill tell you all this because he told me and my companion that we taught him the exact same way he and other veteran missionaries have. He told us he has tried a thing like this multiple times before, and has never had a companionship get so close to being what he taught. He said we need to work on our Spanish, but we are almost to the point where we can both be out in the field!! I know its like this because of my faith I have in the Lord. He has blessed me so much in being teachable and giving me the ability to teach.
Now the investigator who really is an investigator, in the middle of the lesson, burst into tears during his story and following our comments. I felt like I was living Jeffery R. Hollands talk "We Are All Enlisted," I did as he said and I "Watched my words work miracles." I have never loved somebody I did not know, but on that day I did. I thought of all the people I saw with the missionaries and instead of seeing them as just children of Heavenly Father, I saw them as family, I saw them with love in my heart.

Also being in the MTC you go to the Provo Temple every Saturday. It is beautiful, and it is huge. I will attach pictures for you all to see. I love it so much. I love the work that is done there, and I love the MTC for giving me the opportunity to take part in it. 

To my family I will never stop loving you! No matter what happens, everybody needs to know that. I miss you all the time, but the Lord has plans to put me to use for the next two years, and I would not have it any other way. He has blessed me already, and I want you all to know that he will bless you. Heavenly Father loves us all personally, he loves our strengths and our weaknesses. He only wants what is best for us. So I want to say "get ready," because the best of me, has yet to come.

I love you all and I hope nothing but the best, Ill see yall next week, and Hasta Luego!! 
Elder Spencer C. Shepherd

Parent Email:
Is it hard to believe week one is done and gone, I have been told its only easier from here, but I doubt that tremendously. I know there will be days of happiness, as well as sadness. 
However, regardless of what the feelings are, I don't want you to ever worry about me. I am fine. I have sort of been sick this week. The altitude and cold gives me bloody noses almost everyday, and the food has given me some stomach bug. My companions hate it the most. haha!! 

Anyway, I sent out a letter to yall on Thursday. Inside is a letter to yall, Grandma and Papa, and Aunt Amber and her family. It is very important that everybody gets there letters. The spirit took control of the reins, and I feel like what I shared in the letters is needed to be read. 

Also, I cant tell you how much the Dear Elders, brighten my day. My district leader gets mad, because yall keep sending them each day. He says its not fair that my family loves me so much, I just keep living it up. :)
I hope all is well there. I hope getting your thing removed went well, sorry I couldn't send something on the day of, for encouragement. I am glad to hear Eli is doing better, and tell him I said Hi, and that I love him. Tell Jaimen when I get back nobody is allowed to score on him. I hope soccer is going well, and I tell him to keep his head up. I am only gone for two years and I can count the number of days in my head. I put this in the letter, but tell Bryson, to keep up the good work with Paul. And to work on his shooting. Papa Dear Elder-ed me, and told me a score was like 12-14. Tell Bryson I expect 30 points a game by the time I get back. 

I hope you and dad are doing great and that work is going well. I am sorry you cant be active much, but I know everything is done for a reason.

On a side note, when yall read my letter, make sure everyone is there. It will be in chicken scratch, because it was 11 at night, and I wasn't supposed to have a light on. Anyway, I keep visioning yall reading the letter together. I don't know why, but that is how I see it going. 
Also I will not be able to get on the Walmart thing while I am gone, so I will keep sending pictures, and Ill print off the ones I don't send on a word document.

Anyway, I love yall so much. Good luck reading my letter. Believe me its not the best "writing" ever. Please make sure the letters get to Papa an Grandma, as well as Aunt Amber. Also, if yall would try to find out Bethany Crafts e-mail that would be great. The only things I could use would be the long sleeve white shirt I left. Believe me, I could use it when wearing a suit. I could use my drink mixes, as well as my Gatorade water bottle. Love yall and see yall later.



No comments:

Post a Comment